SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Archon Type B Pistol - Has Anyone Heard Anything?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archon Type B Pistol - Has Anyone Heard Anything? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
At SHOT, Archon teased its Type B 9mm pistol, which was the latest iteration of what was originally known as the Arsenal Strike One. Some months ago at least one vendor was offering the pistols for "pre-sale", but so far I can't find one in the wild. Does anyone know anything about when these pistols will be available here?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard from the guys at Rain6, they will be shipping sometime in late June. So maybe July release if everything goes as planned. You can sign up for their news letter or pre-order thru their shop. Personally, this firearm has been delayed for so long I want to see them in the flesh and check out the reviews before I purchase. I'm going to be patient.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally, this firearm has been delayed for so long I want to see them in the flesh and check out the reviews before I purchase. I'm going to be patient.

That makes all kinds of sense. A little patience might bring the price down from $850 as well, and perhaps even get the company to bring out another model or two.

Ah, well. What initially got my attention a few years ago was the combination of a smooth-faced trigger (no Glock-type safety tab) and the possibility of a well-made 357SIG with a 5" barrel coming to market. I'd still like a 9mm but the 357 is probably far into the future, if it occurs at all.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post